MINUTES OF THE OF COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2016 AT THE

CPL’S MESS 156 PRO COY RMP

GOOJERAT BARRACKS COLCHESTER

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Chairman: Mr Allan Adam  


 Hon Secretary: Mrs Wendy Adam               Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance: 36    Unit Members in Attendance: 25

Minute 1:                                                                                                                                   

Apologies: The Chairman received apologies from Mr Mike Hewitt.

Welcome: The Chairman welcomed Lt Col David Dray MBE CO 4 Regt RMP. He also welcomed the new RSM of the unit WO1 RSM Ben Thomson.  

Minute 2:

Annual Dinner 29th October 2016: The Chairman stated that the Annual Dinner was a great success, and on the night he informed the members that he had forgot to properly thank a number of people who had helped make the night a success. He thanked the following members for their assistance in making the night a success, Mr Ray Hansen, Mr Brian Drake, Mr Dave Howard, Mrs Joy and Mr Terry Youngs and LCpl Thommo Thompson. The chairman gave a big thank you to Mrs Carol Hansen who not only organised the table decorations and the bouquet of flowers for the honour guests wife but she also made the 70th anniversary cake. The Chairman stated that he had sent an email to the Staff at the St Giles Hall thanking them for superb service throughout the night. We have also manged to book the Saturday 21st October 2017 for our next annual dinner

Royal Albert Hall Trip: The Chairman announced that the majority of the tickets for the Royal Albert Hall had been sold. Also that once again the Unit are allowing our private vehicles to be parked within unit lines on Saturday 12th November, whilst we attend the show, The transport will leave there at 0900 hrs from just outside the rear gate. As per normal the Tickets for the show will be distributed on the bus. Remember that we will not be stopping for a meal so please bring along your own pack lunches. We are due to arrive at Westminster Abbey around 1100 hrs and will then take part of the RMP service at 1200 hrs The transport for the Royal Albert Hall Will leave Westminster Abbey at 1230 hrs. The driver will instruct us where we will be able to catch the coach after the show.

Remembrance Parade:  Members attending the Parade in Colchester on Sunday 13th November are requested to be outside the Town Hall by 1000hrs. Dress is berets medals and Branch Ties. It is proposed that after the parade the members adjourn to Yates on Head Street for a Sunday Lunch, it will be pay for whatever you order.

           

Christmas Party: Next month’s meeting is our Xmas function, members need to contact the Chairman by Sunday 27th November to let him know what food they will be bringing along. Please remember to bring along a raffle prize on the night. Please remember that this year members will only be receiving the first drink free for them and their partners. Also, remember that the dress code for the night is best Xmas ties and Xmas Jerseys

Calendars: The Chairman announced to the members that he was organising a Calendar for the Branch, only if there was enough members interested in purchasing the calendar. He was unable to state the cost at this time until he knew how many were required for the order, but it is estimated that the calendar will range from £5 to £9. The Chairman was looking to produce the calendar in time for next month’s meeting. It will look similar to last year’s calendar  

 CBF donation: The Branch was due to send the CBF a cheque for the usual amount of £500 and were then going to send a further cheque to assist with the purchase of a new stained glass window for the Corps Chapel. The Chairman proposed that the Branch donate the £500 to the Stained Glass window fund  instead of the CBF for this year and leave the rest of the charity money in the account to be used next year for other charities and guest speakers donations as was proposed at the AGM.

Proposed: Mr Allan Adam     Seconded: Mr Dan Cowley          Branch Vote: Carried

Minute 3:

The Treasurer read out the Treasurers report for the Meeting. The Raffle on the Dinner Night made £420. Thank you for your kind donations of Raffle prizes.

The Branch Accounts Stands as follows:

                       Treasurers Account £1403.93

                       Charity Account: £628.93

Minute 4:

The President Thanked the Members and the unit members for turning out to the meeting and the fish & Chip night in vast numbers. The President thanked the CO Lt Col Dray MBE for attending the Meeting and welcomed the New RSM WO1 Ben Thomson to the meeting. He informed the meeting that the Branch has had tremendous support from 156 Pro Coy RMP over the years. He thanked the Chairman and his committee for organising the Annual Dinner. He stated that the next Wattisham visit will be early part of next year and date to be confirmed.     

Minute 5: Unit REP: SSGT MaCallum Unfortunately the Branch had been unable to receive the briefing Notes from SSGT MaCallum prior to the Minutes being sent out.         


 Meeting closed 2005hrs

Any Other Business  NO






    MINUTES OF THE OF COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 6th OCTOBER 2016 AT THE

CPL’S MESS 156 PRO COY RMP

GOOJERAT BARRACKS COLCHESTER

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Chairman: Mr Allan Adam  


 Hon Secretary: Mrs Wendy Adam               Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance: 43     Unit Members in Attendance: 10


Minute 1:                                                                                                                                   

Apologies: The Chairman received apologies from Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE, Mrs Brenda Howard, Mr Brian Drake, Mr Brian Chenier and Mr Mike Hewitt.

Minute 2:

1. Annual Dinner 29th October 2016: The Annual Dinner numbers now stand at 74 persons attending. All the menus have now been collected and sent to the Chef at the Masonic Hall. The Chairman has had to rearrange some of the seating arrangements due to the numbers attending so members are requested to check the table settings on the night to find where they are seated. Branch and Unit members attending please remember to bring along a raffle prize and also encourage your guests to bring one along.  Raffle tickets will be sold in envelopes of £5 by our treasurer Ray Hansen on the night.

The Bar will open at 1800hrs.There will be a free drink on arrival. Please remember that there will not be any wine at the tables this year so please purchase your wine at the bar prior to the meal.

Members and guests will be asked to take their seats at 1900 hrs prior to the guest of honour Cllr John Aldridge Chairman of the Council at Essex County Council and his wife Christine being announced in by Ray Hansen.

Dress Code for the night is for Gents, Dinner or lounge suits, Branch Tie and medals and ladies suitably attired.

2. Fish & Chip Night Next Month’s meeting  on Thursday 3rd November 2016 is the Fish & Chip Night. The Chairman requires the names by the Sunday 30th Oct, so that the order can be placed on the Monday 31st Oct to the chip shop by Bill Pomery. The Chairman was happy to announce that hopefully the 4 Regt RMP CO Lt Col David Dray MBE and possibly a number of his Headquarter staff will be attending the meeting. Mrs Karen Cameron has volunteered to provide the Quiz, which will cost 50p per person with the monies going to the Charity fund. There will be a prize for the winning team.

3. Royal Albert Hall Trip: The Chairman informed the Branch members that he had managed to sell all the tickets for the Royal Albert Hall show between the members and the Clacton Rotary Club. Travel details will be discussed at the November meeting. Please bring a packed lunch with you, as we will not have time to stop for lunch.


Minute 3:

The Treasurer read out the Treasurers report for the Meeting.

Our financial position remains in a healthy state now, with both our accounts showing substantial balances even after considerable sums of money have been paid for including the forthcoming dinner.

As of 6th October 2016, the accounts stood as

Treasurers Account         £1977.00

Charity Account               £568.91

Minute 4:

The Unit Rep LCpl Thommo Thompson informed the Branch members on the following:

  

PTI Course – LCpl Gamble and LCpl Stevenson.

 

                      Basic Parachuting Course – Cpl Masterson and LCpl Gamble.

 

                      Exercise with 3 PARA – Cpl Henry and LCpl Wallbridge.

 

                      LCpl Haywood is looking likely to come back to work mid Nov 16.

 

                      


 Meeting closed 2023hrs

Any Other Business

1. The Chairman would like to thank the unit members for their assistance during the October Meeting. Also Mr David Howard and Mrs Wendy Adam for making the sandwiches for the October meeting.






    MINUTES OF THE OF COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 4TH AUGUST 2016 AT THE

CPL’S MESS 156 PRO COY RMP

GOOJERAT BARRACKS COLCHESTER

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Chairman: Mr Allan Adam  


 Hon Secretary: Mrs Wendy Adam               Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance:  20

Unit Members in Attendance: 19


Minute 1:                                                                                                                                   

Apologies: The Chairman received apologies from Mr Dave Howard, Mrs Brenda Howard, Mr Steve Graham, Mr Neil Williams, Mr Dave Taylor, Mr Mike Hewitt and Mr Dennis Rensch

Minute 2:

The Chairman spoke to the meeting on the following points:-

1. AGM at next Month’s Meeting 1 September 2016:

a.  It will be the 30th Anniversary of the Branch changing from the Colchester RMPA to the Colchester & East Anglia RMPA. The Chairman is going to hold a small celebration on the night and proposed that each member and their partners receive their first drink free on the night. Branch voted Carried.

b. The Branch will be looking to fill three posts this year due to the following:

1. Mr Ron Holroyd has decided to stand down as Welfare Officer and Corps Journal Notes writer after at least 36 years in the post.

2. Mr Brian Drake has decided to stand down as the Branch’s Webmaster. We are looking for someone with good IT skills to take over this role. The elected member will receive the package to carry out the website from Mr Drake.

3. Mrs Wendy Adam wishes to standing down from the role of Secretary due to current situation regarding her illness.

Any person wishing to carry out any of the above positions should make the Chairman aware prior to the AGM

2. Annual Dinner 29th October 2016: The Annual Dinner menus have been sent to all members and unit reps. Please return your menu choice to the chairman by the next meeting. A table plan has been organised and members are requested to fill out this by the October meeting. Tables are for a maximum of eight persons. It is hoped that Unit members from the three Messes will attend this year, as it will be the 70th Anniversary of the RMPA. News received this Month PM (A) Brig David Neal will be unable to attend the function. The Chairman and President are looking to invite either the High Sheriff of Suffolk or the Commandant of the Royal Chelsea Hospital as the new Guest of Honour.  

3. Royal Albert Hall Trip 12 November 2016: The Chairman confirmed that the Branch has managed to obtain 48 tickets for the Royal Albert Hall. These tickets are for Branch and unit members at this time however; if we cannot sell to Branch members then the Chairman will sell to other RMP and other guests like the Rotary club etc. The cost of the tickets will be £25pp and the cost of the transport will be £15pp

Minute 3:

The Treasurer read out the Treasurers report for the August Meeting.

Our financial position remains in a healthy state, now, with both our accounts showing substantial balances even after considerable sums of money have been paid out this month, mainly for the weekend away in Corton Hall in September, but more about that in a moment. As reported last month a number of members have already made payments towards the Annual Dinner on Saturday 29th October 2016, which is much appreciated, however could I again ask that all balances for this function are received by me by the Branch Meeting on 6th October, as this will give me the chance to bank all monies and cheques and for them to be cleared before we have to pay the catering bill on the night.  You will also see on the sheet for the Treasurers Account that we have had to pay out £430.00 for tickets for the Royal Albert Hall in November and I anticipate that I will be receiving bills from other members for tickets that they have purchased on behalf of the Branch.  Add to this a bill for the coach company of £575.00 and you will see that our funds will very quickly be depleted.  Therefore, for this visit can I please ask that all monies to be paid in by the Branch meeting on 3rd November, so that I can bank and ensure that all cheques are cleared before I have to start paying money out.

I now return to the subject of the payments to Corton Hall.  Our Chairman visited that venue on 7th July to pay the balance due for those attending but despite giving some 2 months’ notice that we needed to cancel 13 rooms, which I am sure they will have little difficulty selling, they levied £780.00 on the final account for these cancellations.  At the present time, this sum is owed to our Chairman.  My feeling is that we should now write to Corton Hall expressing our disappointment at the levy charged and seek at least a refund of some of this levy.  I have drafted a letter along these lines, which the Chairman has agreed with.  



As at 28th June 2016, the accounts stood as

Treasurers Account                          £2,346.11

Charity Account                                £508.87

Minute 4:

The President Report

1. Congratulated and thanked Mr Ron Holroyd and Mr Drake for their sterling work for the Branch over the years

2. Passed on his best wishes and speedy recovery to Mrs Wendy Adam and was sad to see her stand down from the post of Secretary

3. Letter sent to Lord Petre congratulating him on his award of Knight Commander of Victorian Order.

4. Letter sent to PM Brig David Neal requesting his presence at the Branch’s Annual Dinner.

5. Thanked the Unit members for their continued support

6. Thanked the ladies for their continuous supply of sandwiches for the monthly meetings

Minute 5:

The Unit Rep Ssgt Gaz McCallum Spoke to the Branch members on the following:

  

a.      AATF called – 10 Pax on 3 hours’ notice to move (Sudan) 10 Pax on Route signing Colchester – South Surney

b.    156 Pro Coy RMP on BBC news WRT the current threat.

c.     LCpl Haywood – at Headley court and into week 3 of her recovery programme.

d.    Welcome back to the unit – Sgt Griffin and Cpl Green.

e.    2 x JNCO’s going on Sandhurst instructors Cadre (Cpl Henry / Cpl Clifford).

f.     1 MP Bde Golf Comp will be going ahead shortly.

g.    Welcome to Kendrew Det.

h.     LCpl Seabrook has volunteered to carry out the next quiz for the Branch

    

Minute 6:

Proposals from the floor

1. The Chairman advised the members that an Ex Corps Member CQMS Colin Carnall was producing a second book about Redcap Insignia and Collectables Revisited. A copy of his first book was donated for the Branch Raffle by Mr Dan

2. Mr Ron Holroyd and Mr Drake volunteered to supply the sandwiches for the AGM next month

 

.Meeting closed 2023hrs

Any Other Business

1. The Chairman would like to thank the unit members for their assistance during the August Meeting Cpl Samuel Cpl Clifford Cpl Henry LCpl Alcroft






    MINUTES OF THE OF COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 7TH JULY 2016 AT THE

CPL’S MESS 156 PRO COY RMP

GOOJERAT BARRACKS COLCHESTER

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Chairman: Mr Allan Adam  


 Hon Secretary: Wendy Adam               Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance:  30

Unit Members in Attendance: 19


Minute 1:                                                                                                                                   

Apologises: The Chairman received apologies from Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE, Mr Ray Hansen, Mr Bill Pomery, Mrs Brenda Howard, Mr Dan Cowley and Mr Peter Diplock.


Minute 2:

The Chairman spoke to the meeting on the following points:-

1. Functions payments:

a. Corton Hall payments.

b. The Annual Dinner Re; Numbers and anticipated guests 29 Oct 2016.

c. Festival of Remembrance at the Royal Albert Hall 12 Nov 2016. It has now been confirmed that 48 tickets have been purchased for the event. If you wish to attend and have not already booked, please contact the Chairman as it will be on a first come first served basis. Tickets will either be £18 for Circle Tickets or £25 for Box or Stall tickets. Transport will be £15 per person  

Minute 3:

The Chairman read out the Treasurers report for the July Meeting.

Our financial position remains healthy, with both our accounts showing substantial balances, although there is a very large balance in the Treasurers Account, which will be substantially reduced, once our Chairman has been to Corton Holiday Village and paid the balance for the rooms that have been booked for the weekend away in September.  

A number of members have already made payments towards the Annual Dinner on Saturday 29th October 2016, which is much appreciated. However, The Treasurer now asks that he receive all balances for this function by the Branch Meeting on 6th October. As this will give the Treasurer the chance to bank all monies and cheques well before the function and that they will be cleared As the Treasurer has to pay the catering bill on the night of the function.

As at 28th June 2016, the accounts stood as

Treasurers Account                          £5,769.89

Charity Account                                £475.87

Minute 4:

The Unit Rep Ssgt Gaz McCallum Spoke to the Branch members on the following:

  

a. Update on the progress of LCpl Hayeward after her accident.

b. Return of SSgt Andrews from his CP Tour.

c. Cpls Gamble and Foster possible selection for the GB Olympics team for shooting.

d. Welcomed Lt Fullwood & Lt Workman.

e. A dedicated shelf behind the bar for RMPA use.

f. The Unit weapons will be available to look at after the meeting.

Minute 5:

Proposals from the floor

 

a. River Trips. The Chairman was looking at river trips to be considered by the Branch.

b. Mr Dennis Rensch informed the Branch of the following:

1. Bill Pomery attended the Queens Garden Party at the invite of the Lord Lieutenant of Essex

2. The Lord Lieutenant of Essex had received the KCVO in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list, and requested that the Branch pen a congratulatory letter to the Lord Lieutenant because of his close association with the Branch.

c. Mr Brian Drake proposed that the Branch look for a Branch member to assume the role of the Webmaster for the Branch as he has decided to stand down at the end of the year. Brian will give the new webmaster assistance when the elected member assumes the role

Minute 6:

a. Reminder next month’s meeting on Thursday 4 Aug 2016.

b. The RMPA Annual Reunion Dinner is to be held in Cardiff, 12 – 14 May 2017.  Members wishing to attend must book the hotel accommodation by 27 Feb 2017. All other information as per the email sent earlier by the Chairman. Branch Members not on email can contact the Chairman for further details

c. Volunteers requested to supply Sandwiches for the next meeting.

.Meeting closed 2023hrs

Any Other Business

1. Guest Speaker Mr Simon Farrier, from the ABF The soldier’s charity spoke to the Branch and Unit members after the July meeting.

2. Unit weapons display and presentation by LCpl “Thommo” Thompson after the July meeting

3. SSGT McCallum informed the Chairman that Unit members will supply the sandwiches for the August meeting

EXEMPLO DUCEMUS






    MINUTES OF THE OF COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 3rd June 2016 AT THE

CPLS MESS 156 PRO COY RMP

GOOJERAT BARRACKS COLCHESTER

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Chairman: Mr Allan Adam  


 Hon Secretary: Wendy Allan                   Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance:  40

Unit Members in Attendance: 10


Minute 1:                                                                                                                                   

Apologies: The Chairman received apologies from Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE, Mr Bill Pomery & Mr Terry Priest


Minute 2:

The Chairman spoke to the meeting on the following points:-

1. Apologies from Chairman for his absence at the previous meeting.

2. Letters from RHQ re Funerals of:

a. Harry Shepherd from Snape.

b. Victor Skerry from Houghton late of the Fenlands Branch RMPA.

c. Request was made for any Branch Members who could attend either of the funerals to be held on 9 June 2016, more info could be gained from the Chairman.

3. Letter from RHQ re places for parade at the Cenotaph London on 13 November 2016 applications made to Mr Alan Barley. The Chairman also requested as many members as possible attend the Remembrance service at the Colchester with the Branch.

4. Functions payments:

a. Corton Hall payments full payment needed by the end of June.

b. The Chairman outlined his expectations for the Annual Dinner Re; Numbers and anticipated guests.


Minute 3:

The Treasurer read out his report as follows: we are continuing the year in a healthy financial position, with both our accounts showing substantial balances.  We would not be in this healthy financial position if it were not for members paying their Branch subscriptions on time, as well as many members paying deposits and making regular contributions towards the cost of the various functions that the Branch has organised this year

As at 2nd June 2016, the accounts stood as

Treasurers Account                          £3,795.17

Charity Account                                £445

This balance does not of course include any money that is in the collecting tub available at each meeting and as we are all aware a good sum of money was deposited in that tub last month, thanks to the Grand National Sweep stake and the quiz so ably conducted by the unit members.


Minute 4:

The Unit Rep (Sgt Gaz McCallum) Spoke on the following:

  

a. Thanked Iain Cameron  for what he had done during his time as the Unit Rep.

b. Update on the progress of LCpl Hayes after her accident.

c. Run-down of numbers and courses that Unit Members are doing.

d. The Unit had just won the Archie Gemmell Trophy at the RMP Golf Competition (Trophy Was displayed at the meeting).

e. Issue of new Body Armour to the RMP.

f. LCpl Thompson to be RMPA Rep for the Unit.

 


Minute 5:

Proposals from the floor.  Mr Brian Drake asked about another boat trip for the Branch . The Chairman will attempt to find a trip for the month of August.


Minute 6:

The chairman briefed the meeting on the following


1. Forthcoming visit On Sat 11 Jun by old unit members and that the unit would be putting on three stands to show off the equipment used today. Branch members welcome to attend.


2. 72nd Anniversary for D Day Landing  at Rettenden on 18 June 2016, more info can be obtained from Terry Youngs.


3. A formal Thank you will be  made to SSGT Iain Cameron at the Branch Annual Dinner.


Minute 7:

Reminder next months meeting on 7July 2016

Karen Cameron and Joy Youngs volunteered to supply Sandwiches.


Meeting closed 2023hrs


Any Other Business


EXEMPLO DUCEMUS




    MINUTES OF THE OF COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 5th May 2016 AT THE

Cpl’s Mess 156 Pro Coy RMP Goojerat Barracks Colchester

 


President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Vice Chairman: Mr Dave Howard  


 Hon Secretary:                        Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance:  27

Unit Members in Attendance: 8



Minute 1:                                                                                                                                   

Apologies: The Vice Chairman received apologies from Mr & Mrs Allan Adam, Mrs Brenda Howard, Mr Dave Ford & Mr Dennis Rensch..

Welcomes:

Minute 2:

The Chairman spoke to the meeting on the following points:-

1. Letter from the Chairman Mr Allan Adam.

a. Sitrep on his Good Lady Wife Wendy..

b. Corton Hall.

c. Congratulation to 156 pro Coy for the RMP Rugby 7’s Wins

d. Congratulations to Sgt Gaz McCallum on his promotion to SSgt.


2. Thank you letter from Mrs Bonny Hill re charitable donation to Grassroots.

3. Rooms still available at Corton Hall.

4. Wattisham Trip.

5. Cheese and wine for the next meeting.

Minute 3:

The Treasurer read out his report and updated on the Corton Hall weekend.


Minute 4:

The President thanked both the Branch and Unit members for such a good turnout. Also spoke about the Wattisham Airfield trip.


Minute 5:

The Unit Rep (Ian Cameron) gave his last ever unit update as he is soon to be retiring from HM Forces.



Minute 6:


Proposals from the floor:  Proposed by Karen Cameron that a bouquet of flowers be sent to Mrs Wendy Adam. The consensus was to wait until Wendy was back home from hospital and suitable pot plant be sent from on behalf of the Branch.

        

Minute 7:


Reminder that next month is meeting on 3rd June 2016, which would be a cheese and wine evening, cost of £5 per head.


Ron Holroyd and Dave Howard volunteered to provide sandwiches


Minute 8:


Apologies from the committee for no sandwiches for the meeting.


Meeting closed 2030hrs


Any Other Business

1. Results of the Sweepstake from Aprils meeting, total prize money collected £58:00

a. 1st: Rule the World  (Ray Hansen)  £30:00.

b. 2nd: The Last Samurai  (Not sold)       £15:00.

c. 3rd:  Vics Canvas   (Not sold)   £ 5:00.

d. 1st Faller: First Lieutenant  (K Goldsmith)  £ 5:00.

e. A total of £23:00 was put in to the CBF Collection Tin.


2. Raffle as usual.

3. Quiz to be run by the unit members of 156 Pro Coy RMP



EXEMPLO DUCEMUS





    MINUTES OF THE  COLCHESTER AND EAST ANGLIA BRANCH RMPA

HELD ON THURSDAY 3rd March 2016 AT THE

Cpl’s Mess

156 Pro Coy RMP

Goojerat Barracks

COLCHESTER

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Vice Chairman: Mr Dave Howard  


 Hon Secretary:                        Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance:  26

Unit Members in Attendance: 24



Minute 1:

Apologies: The Vice Chairman received apologies from Mr & Mrs Allan Adam, Mrs Brenda Howard, Mr Dave Ford, Mr Dave Taylor.


Welcomes: The Branch welcomed Mr Brian Chennier as a member


Minute 2:

The Chairman spoke to the meeting on the following points:-

1. Easter Egg collection and thanked the Branch and Unit members for their donations

2. Payments for functions and annual fees.

3. Wattisham Airfield trip on the 18 May 2016.

4. The passing of SSgt Simon Rainsford (Ex SIB) Funeral arrangements to be confirmed.


Minute 3:

The Treasurer read out his report and updated on the Corton Hall weekend.


Minute 4:

The President thanked both the Branch and Unit members for such a good turnout. Also spoke about the Wattisham Airfield trip and that an attendance list would be produced for the April Meeting.


Minute 5:

 The Unit Rep (Ian Cameron) gave the unit update.


 

Minute 6:


 Proposals from the floor:

        

It was proposed by Dave Howard and Seconded by Mr Tony Anthony that the sum of £30 be given as a charitable donation to:


The Grass Roots Charity, Located in the Colchester and Tendring area. (The Charity supported by the Guest Speaker Mrs Bonny Hill).


Minute 7:


Reminder that next months meeting on 7 April 2016.


Minute 8:

The branch bade farewell to Tilly Hunt who had been a branch member for 28yrs, and was relocating to Wiltshire. She stated that she would be attending the annual dinner.


Minute 9;

Briefing on the Guest Speaker Mrs Bonny Hill.

Meeting closed 2020hrs


Any Other Business


1. Raffle as usual.



EXEMPLO DUCEMUS

   




 Minutes of the of Colchester and East Anglia Branch RMPA

held on Thursday 4th February 2016 at the Cpls Mess

156 Provost Company Goojerat Barracks Colchester

 

President: Lt Col (Retd) Robbie Silk MBE Chairman: Mr Allan Adam


 Hon Secretary:  Mrs Wendy Adam                    Treasurer: Mr Ray Hansen MBE


Members in Attendance:  65



Minute 1:   

Apologies: Mr Brian Drake, Mr Roy Hutson, Mr David Taylor, Mrs Brenda Howard, Mr Dan Cowley, Mr Andy McGowan and Mr Dennis Rensch

           Welcome: Steve Graham  

                                                                                                                  

Minute 2: Diary of Events:

The Chairman spoke to the Branch and unit members present about this year’s diary of events, which included a discussion on the following events:

a. The 70th anniversary of the RMPA. It is the intention of the Branch to hold a garden party within the unit lines in either June or July 2016. The date to be confirmed, once the Chairman has met up with the Unit RSM to ensure a good attendance from the unit is possible.

b. Boat trip it was discussed that the Branch would look towards another boat trip this year and it would either, be the Norfolk Broads or the river Thames, in June or July. The secretary will check out both locations and report to the Branch by the April meeting to discuss the best options.

c. Corton Hall Lowestoft Weekend 16 – 19 September 2016. The cost per person is £165 there are still 10 rooms available at this time. A deposit of £30 per person is required by the April Branch meeting.

d. Branch Annual Dinner. The Branch Annual Dinner will be held on Saturday 29th October 2016, once again at the St Giles Masonic Hall Colchester. The Guest of Honour provisionally will be the new PM (A) Brig David Neal. The Chairman is hoping that up to 100 members and guests including unit members will be able to attend. The cost per person will be £30. It was also decided that there would only be one bottle of red wine & one bottle of white wine per table. Start times will be the bar to open at 1800 hrs, the meal to commence at 1900 hrs, Lounge suits, black tie and medals. Invites to extend to the OC, RSM 156 Pro Coy RMP and their partners.

e. Christmas Party. After some discussion, it was agreed by the Branch members present that the Christmas Function would no longer be a free night. This was due to many of the members not drinking, as they have to drive home after the function. It was also decided by the Branch members present, that there would be one free drink for all Branch members and their partners who attend the function. It was agreed that the money used for the Christmas function would now be used for the Garden Party function.

f. For all other functions, please check the Dairy of events.


Minute 3 Treasurers Report:

The Treasurer spoke to all those present about the treasurer’s report and how payments for functions will now be carried out.  A full copy of the Treasurers report can be found attached to these Branch minutes.

                        Treasurers Account:    £1,607.75

                        Charity Account:    £353.71

Minute 4: Presidents Report

The President spoke to the Branch and unit members present on how the Branch is still one of the best supported Branch’s’ in the Association. He thanked the Committee for sitting down and creating a good programme for the coming year. The president then mentioned that the annual visit to Wattisham airbase will be held on the 18th May 2016.


Minute 5: Easter Egg Donations

The Chairman spoke to all those present and stated that as the Easter break would be at the end of March this year, he would like to see, as in previous years the donations of Easter Eggs for the two Children’s Hospices, The Tree House in Ipswich and The Children’s Hospice In Thundersley. Branch and Unit members are requested to bring along to the March meeting their donations of Easter eggs for these two hospices. He also encouraged the unit members to contribute as they did last year.

         

Minute 6: Funerals      

The Chairman mentioned that the funeral of Mr Ron Howes was well attended by the Branch Members and the members of the Herts & Essex RMPA, The Chairman thanked SSGT Iain Cameron for once again attending. The Chairman also thanked Mr David Howard for standing in as Standard Bearer  


The chairman then highlighted that there would be 2 more funerals in February

a. Mr David Chenier ex RMP Funeral service is on Thursday 11th February 2016 at 0930 hrs at Colchester Crematorium Mersea Road Colchester Wake will be at St Giles Masonic Hall from 1030 hrs. Berets medals and Standard have been requested by the family

b. Major J C Blakesley MBE ex OC 156 Pro Coy RMP is on Friday 12th February at 3.30pm at Colchester Crematorium Mersea Road Colchester. Berets medals and Standard have been requested by the family

          

Minute 7: Website update:

Correspondence was received from Mr Brian Drake he has made a sub site with access from your mobile or tablet to The Colchester & East Anglia Branch RMPA.


Meeting closed at 2045 hrs

Any Other Business

1. Thank you to Mrs Karen Cameron and the Secretary for supplying the sandwiches and cakes for the February meeting at short notice; we are looking for two volunteers for next month’s meeting. Please contact the Chairman or secretary if you can assist.


2. Members are reminded that there will be a guest speaker a Mrs Bonny Hill at the March Branch meeting


Next meeting will be on Thursday 3rd March.

EXEMPLO DUCEMUS

Copyright © 2013 RMPA Colchester & East Anglia - All rights reserved

Royal Military Police Association

Colchester & East Anglia Branch

Royal Military Police Badge RMPA Badge

Home  Committee  Contact  Events  Minutes  Links